You’ll have seen a lot of hype surrounding Nicotine Salts over the past year or so, now we have finally launched our own Flavour Boss range with our most popular flavours, we thought it was about time to give you a bit more information on the difference between Nicotine and nicotine Salts.
Basically, freebase and salt nicotine are the same thing, extracted from the tobacco leaves in the same way, only salt nicotine has an acid introduced to it to change the PH level which affects how smooth you perceive it to be as well as how quickly you can absorb it.
Nicotine comes diluted in one of two substances for vaping – vegetable glycerine (VG) or propylene glycol (PG). PG nicotine is more commonly used within the industry for various reasons:
- It is easier to work with
- It is less prone to pockets of higher nicotine strength
- It can be used straight away
- It is easier to pick up with a syringe unlike VG nicotine
However, VG nicotine is popular amongst people that have an intolerance to PG.
What are Nicotine Salts
Nicotine Salts are smoother than regular vape juice and allow you to vape higher concentrations of nicotine. They are designed to mimic the strength and sensation of the nicotine found within a traditional cigarette – so they are perfect for beginners looking to kick their smoking habit.
Similar to standard nicotine (or freebase as it’s widely called), nicotine salts come diluted in either VG or PG. They also come with different acids that can affect the flavour or smoothness of the nicotine.
The most common of these is called benzoic acid which;
- allows the nicotine salt to vaporise at much lower temperatures
- causes a reaction which allows nicotine salt to be absorbed more easily than that of freebase nicotine
- lowers the pH level of the e-liquid, which in turn produces a smoother hit
Are Nicotine Salts right for you?
Salt e-liquid is made for usage with low-wattage devices; delivering a high dosage without needing to use a high wattage vaping device.
When deciding which nicotine is right for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you looking for a more genuine smoking experience?
- Are you looking for a smooth vapor and high nicotine?
- Are you looking for a stronger or more subtle nicotine hit?
- Are you looking for discretion, or are huge vape clouds more your thing?
If you are looking for a hit similar to that of a traditional cigarette or a higher nicotine level, nicotine salts may just be what you’ve been searching for.
Flavour Boss Nicotine Salts
We’ve just introduced our own brand Nicotine Salts to our range. We’ve started off with ten of our bestselling flavours with the aim to add more to the range later down the line.
The nicotine salts come in 10mg and are 10ml bottles that are ready to vape.