Your Guide to the menthol cigarette ban
What is the menthol cigarette ban?
The menthol cigarette ban is part of the TRPR regulations, these regulations mean that smokers will no longer have the choice of any flavoured tobacco products including menthol.
- The menthol cigarette ban comes into place on the 20th May 2020.
- Menthol cigarettes will be banned from all EU stores this year, as part of the EU’s mission to discourage smoking.
- The law will see menthol cigarettes, rolling tobacco and skinny cigarettes banned across the EU.
- The menthol cigarette ban stems from new EU Tobacco Product Directive laws, which outlaws menthol cigarettes.
- Public health officials hope that banning these will stop young people from smoking tobacco products.
- The changes will come into force in May, after legislation was passed in 2016.
- The EU rules will still apply to Britain during the Brexit transition period.
What does the law mean?
In a nutshell, the menthol cigarette ban means that no person may produce or supply a cigarette or hand rolling tobacco with the following:
- A filter, paper, package, capsule or other component that contains flavourings.
- A filter, paper or capsule containing tobacco or nicotine; or
- A technical feature allowing the consumer to modify the smell, taste or intensity of a tobacco product.
I’m a vaper, does the menthol cigarette ban affect flavoured e-liquids?
The menthol cigarette ban does not affect any flavoured e-liquids. Whether that is ready to vape juice, shortfills or DIY e-liquids. You can still get the same great range of flavours as before.
I’m a menthol smoker, what happens now?
Menthol smokers now have three options, quit smoking, switch to regular cigarettes or start vaping menthol flavours instead.
If you have the willpower to quit, and you want to kick the habit for good, visit your GP or your local smoking cessation center for help and support.
If you don’t like the idea of switching to normal tobacco cigarettes (we don’t blame you), you aren’t quite ready to quit smoking, or you want to quit smoking with the help of an e-cigarette, we’ve got you covered.
Leading health organisations such as Cancer Research and the British Medical Association agree that e-cigarettes are at least 95% less harmful than traditional cigarettes. This makes them a great tool to quit smoking.
Here at Flavour Boss we have a wide range of menthol e-liquids to satisfy your menthol cravings. From our own range of minty flavours to top brands such as Element, Naked100, Nasty Juice, Riot Squad and more.
Keep your eyes peeled over the coming weeks as we will be releasing a pure menthol flavour. It’s been a real crowd pleaser in the office and has even helped a member of staff to quit smoking!
If you are new to vaping and would like some advice on hardware, the menthol cigarette ban or liquid, send us an email and we would be happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org.